Wednesday, September 20, 2017

“Great American Road Trip”



Summer of the “Great American Road Trip”

Goodbye summer! As much as I love autumn, it is my favorite season, I am slightly bummed that this summer is over. I am sure I’m not the only one that is not happy with summer coming to an end, but I am positive that for most it has more to do with the end of warm weather and the cold and long dark nights that are on the way.

This summer was a crazy busy one for sure. I had friends and family visiting from mid-June through early August, with the turn over being as quick as four days. It was great seeing everyone and showing them around as the area is still pretty new for me too. Did a short road trip along the Mighty Mississippi, some nice hikes, new and old, also checked out a few breweries and a local winery.

As fun as it was seen everyone, the highlight of the summer was what I’m calling “The Great American Road Trip”. Drove 3415 miles in ten days covering six states and six National Parks, Monuments and Historical Sites plus a few National Forests and one total solar eclipse from Devils Tower. It was a fantastic adventure but only scratched the surface of most places really and that’s okay because now I have a better idea of where to spend more time when I go back.

Hope your summer was a good one!





No comments:

Post a Comment